Sunday, December 14, 2008

Malpractice Ball

Last night, John and I attended the Med School/Law School’s annual Malpractice Ball. Don’t you just love the name? As someone who LOVES to dance, it’s been pretty interesting living out here in Madison, because there aren’t that many nightclubs. I hear that the few ones they have here are really bad and ghetto. Madison is a college town, and thus there are lots and lots of bars, but no dancing. So I was really excited to hear that there was going to be a DJ at the Ball! And guess what! I didn’t dance the entire night! How ironic is that. It’s mainly because I was wearing my Jimmy Choos from the wedding, because they are oh-so-hot…but they are also oh-so-painful. It’s like that episode of Friends where Monica buys hella expensive boots, but they hurt her feet so bad, and Chandler makes a big deal out of it saying that she better wear them all the time. Yea, like that, except John doesn’t tell me to wear them because he knows they hurt my feet.

So back the Ball. The Ball itself was 9pm – 1am, and open bar until it reached a limit. John and I arrived fashionably late at 10:45pm, and of course the free drinks were all gone. I had forgotten that I hadn’t eaten dinner, so I got a Chardonnay. Halfway through this small cup of Chardonnay, I started feeling pretty buzzed, which is pretty abnormal. John had a bunch of beers, but nothing like me. And I was supposed to be DD. After John realized that I was pretty much not driving home, he slowed down on the drinking. It was fun getting out, since we don’t get to do that often. John’s 2nd year of med school has definitely been tough, and we just don’t go out. There’s too much studying to do! But I really enjoyed just talking to his classmates and their SOs. I met a lot of girlfriends and a fiance’ last night. Very good times.

The night was filled with couples, so cute!

Moltu giving John some lovin. I love his expression.

She decided that I needed some lovin too.

Jennifer and her bf who flew in for the weekend. It was a common theme of the evening–SOs flying in for the weekend.

Adrian was trying to be “hard,” but Reilly missed the memo when he put his hand on Adrian’s breast.

Med school studs.

Moltu’s turn to give her hubby some lovin, and John wanted to thank Tim for letting Moltu give him a kiss.

The cute couple Shelly and Zach being invaded by John and Ravi.

Another Eagle Heights married couple, the Gundackers.

This is what it looks like when John sweeps someone off their feet.

I can’t wait until he has his Black Bag Ball…which I still think should be called “Medicine Ball.” I like the sound of that better.

Us at the end of the night, since we forgot to take a picture of ourselves while we were at the Ball.

No comments: