Wednesday, December 1, 2010

My BFP

I realized I never published my post about getting my BFP. So here it is, just 11 months late!


That's right! This past Friday, January 8, at 11:06am, three minutes after peeing on a stick, I got a BIG FAT POSITIVE. I'm still in shock, but the disbelief is starting to wear off, and it's slowly sinking that I have an itty bitty baby growing inside me. Ironically, J and I said that this past cycle was going to be our last cycle of "trying" for various reasons, most notably that I didn't want to have a baby too late in his 4th year of med school. However, I have to admit that my chart this cycle was very pretty.  I was a little suspicious around Jan 2, when my temperature shot up at the highest it's ever been since I've started charting. But when the temps went back down I didn't think of much. I'm used to having my highest temps being around 97.7, so I had a lot of temperatures higher than that this cycle.

I was expecting Aunt Flo on Saturday, but on Thursday and Friday I had bad cramps, to the point where I couldn't even sleep on Friday. I finally decided to take a pregnancy test. It came out positive and I was shocked. J was already at work, and I didn't know what to do. Eventually I called my BFF LeAnne and told her. A few hours later, I went to Walgreens to purchase some digital pregnancy tests just to be sure. While at Walgreens, I told J's cousin Mike that I was pregnant.

Before going back home and peeing on more sticks, I stopped at Borders and bought J this book:


Being a med student, he loves looking up stuff on the Mayo Clinic's website, so I thought this book was fitting. I went back home and peed on the digital. Yup, still pregnant.  I thought it'd be a lot longer till J got home, but he ended up getting off an hour early, so I went to pick him up. It took all of my energy not to scream "I'M PREGNANT" while riding in the car with him. As soon as we got home I gave him the envelope I had put the book in. Instead of reading the cover, J flipped through the pages, trying to figure out why he had this book. After what seemed like forever, he closed the book and read the cover. His eyes got big, and he looked at me, as I was proudly holding my two positive pregnancy tests in my hand. We hugged and kissed, and he started yelling "I'M GONNA BE A DAD!" It was a great time! And that's how I told my husband that we were going to have a baby.

No comments: