Thursday, November 13, 2008

Naughty bride

I’ve been engulfed in a lot of wedding planning and etiquette for quite some time now, so much so that my friends think I’m the most prepared bride they’ve ever known. But I have a secret. I’m a horrible, horrible bride. What can make me a horrible bride? The etiquette police would have a field day. Ok, here it goes…my confession is…I haven’t sent out thank you cards. I know, I’m a horrible, ungrateful bride. I didn’t send thank you cards for pretty much anything, and it’s been killing me inside. I was determined to send thank you cards for the wedding, and do a special one once I got my wedding pictures back from Jen. Well, it’s been about 5 weeks since I got that…and well…still no thank you cards. I’m a horrible, horrible bride.

Anyway, so I know you’re thinking “why bring this up now, 3 months after your wedding?!?” Well, I finally ordered thank you cards! With the help of my oh so awesome friend Jon, he designed some awesome thank you cards for me, and I just sent them to the printers tonight! They should be coming in 12 days, woo hoo! I hope no one has noticed that I haven’t sent them, I feel so awful!

I thought about waiting to blog about them once I got them, but I can’t wait! Ever since I saw these thank you cards on weddingbee, I wanted to replicate the look for my own thank you cards.

This is reason why I couldn’t just get normal thank you cards and send them out. I kept telling myself that I only get one wedding, and I was determined to do them the way I wanted. So almost 4 whole months later, I’m going to send them out. I love how personalized it is. It may look simple, but it took a lot of work! I’m so grateful for artistic friends, cause I sure have no creative bone in my body.

Of course I’m not going to divulge the contents of my own thank you card because I’m going to patiently await it’s arrival, but you can guess it looks pretty similar to the one above. On the back of the card above, the couple gave credit to the photographers, and on the inside wrote a simple “thank you.” We instead chose to leave the inside blank, and put a picture on the backside.

Like the couple above, we went through PS Print to print our cards. They’re based in Oakland, so it’s going to take a little time to arrive here in Wisconsin. Luckily, they’re running a deal right now where you get 25% off of greeting cards. Yay! Last month’s deal was free envelopes. I think this month’s deal is better. The envelopes only cost $8, whereas I think we saved $18 with the 25% off. The smallest quantity we could get was 250, so we’re going to have a lot of thank you cards! At the end of our wedding, we still had a lot of save-the-dates and invitations. At least our save the dates are magnets, so we’re using a few on our own fridge. I like to look at them. Really cute! I can’t wait for our thank you cards to come in. Unfortunately, they are coming the week of Thanksgiving, so John and I will be flying back to CA. I don’t know how much time we’re going to have to write in the cards before heading back to San Jose. Maybe I can write some on the plane…on second thought, probably not. I like to sleep on planes.

Can you believe Thanksgiving is in 2 weeks!?!

No comments: