Thursday, May 1, 2008

Invitation timeline

So I have a confession. I still haven’t paid our stationer for the paper for our invitations. No it’s not past due, she’s just waiting for me to have a final headcount. The final headcount has been driving me crazy for the past few months, but I’m pretty sure it’s 230 invitations. I asked our stationer if we were to give her the money and headcount by this Friday, May 2, when should I be expecting to do the assembling, and here’s the timeline that she gave me:

May 2 – order paper
May 7 – send files to printer
May 9 – paper arrives
May 26 – invites done printing

Sooooooooo this means that I shall be assembling our invitations the week after memorial weekend. I’m happy that I’ll still be able to send these suckers out by the end of May, but I’m even more stoked that John will be here to help assemble them with me! I just hope that the timeline is realistic, and that I will get the supplies in time to make my May 30th deadline. Luckily I’m giving myself a week extra to send out my invitations, so if things end up being delayed by a week, I should still be covered. Now if only I could scrounge up some $$$ to pay for the invites. I wish money did grow on trees.

On an unrelated note, I went to the gym tonight. I’ve discovered that going to the gym at night is so much more feasible for me than in the morning. In the morning, I rarely have the car, and it takes me forever to get out of bed. At least at night, I have a car and it’s opened until midnight. Ok, so I normally walk on a 15% include at a speed of 3.4 for at least 20 minutes. Since I’m basically starting back at square one, this is all I can do in terms of cardio. So randomly today I brought my brother’s ipod to the gym because he has a couple of movies on there. I decided to watch “Stomp the yard” while walking on the treadmill. Well, so being the fat, lazy, unathletic person I have become, I canNOT for the life of me run beyond ONE minute. So I usually run for one minute and then start to feel like dying. Anyway, while running today I actually hit the one minute…then two minutes…then three…and then I hit FOUR! I was so surprised that I ran straight for 4 minutes. Sounds like sooo weaksauce, but it was an accomplishment for me. I would have kept running but my shoelace became undone, and I was not about to be one of those folks who fall on the treadmill. So I shall try tomorrow to run again. I’m going to tell myself that I’m running Bay to Breakers…so in my head, the day is August 2. Hopefully my progress will continue. Yay for day 1 (again).

No comments: